Pete Dosik – Franchise Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Pete Dosik is a leader in Atlanta’s franchise law community as well as a sophisticated business law generalist. He is committed to providing clients with high-value, efficient, and practical legal service at a reasonable cost.
Drawing on his experience as in-house counsel at Church’s Chicken® (1700+ units in 23 countries, including 250+ company-owned restaurants) and Starwood Hotels (owner and franchisor of iconic hotel brands such as Westin® and Sheraton®), Pete develops in-depth knowledge of his clients’ businesses and emphasizes practical methods to protect his clients while helping them achieve their goals.
In the franchising arena, Pete advises franchisors on how to establish, operate, and grow “best-in-class” franchise systems. He prepares Franchise Disclosure Documents and franchising agreements that incorporate best practices in franchising. He advises on domestic and international franchising, complying with federal and state franchise laws and regulations, dealing with franchisees, enforcing brand standards, terminating non-compliant franchisees, and resolving disputes.
When representing franchisees, Pete uses his knowledge and experience to efficiently assist franchisees in understanding FDDs, negotiating franchise agreements, and achieving business success with their franchise concept.
In addition to franchising and distribution, Pete handles various business transactions, including company formation, finance, buying or selling a business, real estate, employment agreements, technology agreements, supply chain matters, and other commercial contracts.
Pete began practicing law in 1997 after graduating from Duke University law school. He began his career at one of Atlanta’s most prestigious law firms, where he focused on debt finance and general business transactions.
Franchise Times “Legal Eagle” 2014
Chair (2012-2013), Franchise and Distribution Section of Georgia Bar Association
- “Pros and Cons of Item 19 Disclosures” (Southeast Franchise Forum, July 2014)
- “Dealing with Challenging Franchisees” (Georgia Bar Franchise Section, Feb. 2013)
- “Franchise Law Basics” (Georgia Bar Franchise Section, Feb. 2012)
- “Material Changes that Impact Franchisors” (IFA Legal Symposium, May 2011)
- “Terminations and Alternatives to Terminations” (Georgia Bar Franchise Section, Feb. 2011)
- “The Law, Business Strategies and Franchise Sales” (Franchise Development Conference, Sept. 2010)
- “Enforcing System Standards and the Risk of Vicarious Liability” (Georgia Bar Franchise Section, Nov. 2009)
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Duke University, B.A. Political Science, Cum Laude, 1993
There are many benefits of a wholesome existence. But can medicaments help us? Nowadays, web is the fastest method to buy any medicaments for various appliances. There are medicaments intended only for women. Learn more about “levitra pills for sale“. Apparently every man knows at least something about “levitra for sale online“. Divers drugstores describe it as “generic levitra for sale“. Because some of symptoms are medical emergencies, it’s big to know the symptoms. The truth is that nearly all prescription medications have sometimes unwanted aftereffects, from muscle aches to death. Talk to your physician about the proper disposal of your treatment.